What should I do and eat to strengthen my bones?
Calcium is essential for strong bones, but you also need vitamin D to help your body absorb it. Lots of people don’t get enough vitamin D; eating fatty fish, such as the salmon in this delicious dish, twice a week is an easyway to boost the D in your diet.
Norwegian-Style Oven Roasted Salmon:
- Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup of honey
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce garlic, minced
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces parsley leaves, chopped
- Six 3-ounce salmon fillets
Combine honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, coriander, wine, oil and parsley and mix well.Pour over salmon and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove fish from marinade and place in baking pan. Discard marinade.
Bake salmon for 12 minutes or until golden brown.